This story is about three young boys who decide the summer before high school begins that they need to do something to bring them into adulthood. They decide to smoke weed one summer day at their favorite spot by the creek where they soon making a shocking discovery in the water.
I really enjoyed this story. I thought at the beginning of the story it was going to be just a regular coming of age story with the typical three best friends formula with the characters of Billy, Tommy, and Trig but I think adding the dark twist to the story works. I like the three characters and I think you did a good job shaping each of their identities and their different characteristics. I also liked Trig being the voice of the narrator. There was some good imagery throughout the the story especially at the beginning with the description of the trees and the creek. I might like to see a little more imagery if possible. I don't know if there's too much I would change about the story since it's pretty good as it stands. You could add a few more scenes about the after shock of seeing the dead baby, maybe a conversation between Trig and his parents or maybe a few more mentions of the spanish moss trees since it is the title. Those are just a few minor suggestions.
Great job!
No comments:
Post a Comment