Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Response to Lauren's "Dreams and Reality"

This story is about a young man, Luke, about to enter college who has dreams of attending Ole Miss on baseball scholarship and then going on to attend law school. His father has different plans for him which include staying in his small town and taking care of the family business. Luke has managed to save up some money to buy a plane ticket as well as attend Ole Miss baseball try-outs, he leaves home leaving a note to his family describing why he's doing this. After a talk with the coach, Luke thinks he is not cut out for this life after all and goes home. Upon returning home he gets a hug from his day as well as a surprise.

I really liked this story, I thought you did a really good job making an interesting storyline and Luke had some good character development. I like how you didn't make it a typical ending where he makes the team or never returns home again but rather that there's a chance he could make the team and I like that his family now approves. I kind of want to know what happens next...are there more try-outs? Did he get back on the plane the next day and go to the same try-outs? Does he make the team? I think you could add a few more details about this.

Overall, great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment