This story is about Dean Overstreet, who is now sick and upon the suggestion of his doctor, he decides to write down memories and things about his life. He is the Chief of Staff at the Huxley Manor, and through the story we learn about the father (James), mom, and son (Adrian). Adrian is a famous painter, his father somewhat disapproves of this and doesn't seem like the loving father type, and the mom is very ill. Dean recounts memories and discussions from the family.
I really liked this story! It was very well written and interesting characters. I thought there were a lot of really good details, such as describing the mansion and the tree outside. There's not much I would change about the story but maybe have some more memories that Dean remembers. A few flashbacks could be helpful to the story, maybe to see how the Huxley family has changed, in particular the father character. It just might be interesting to have a few more stories that Dean could write about and give some more insight into the characters but overall I think the story is very good!
No comments:
Post a Comment