Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Response to J.J's " A Dream"

This story is about a college student, Gabriel, who is at Columbia studying creative writing. He's not really a great student and seems to spend most of his time stoned. His thoughts drift in and out of the real world and a fake reality and this often resorts to nightmares and dreams. After one pivotal dream, he gets an idea and soon begins to write.

I liked this story and I think the plot was humorous and dark at the same time. I think you did a good job with details and describing things that Gabriel was thinking or seeing, which is important in a drug induced scene. I thought the dialogue when used was funny and captured a typical stoner. I did get a little confused when the two worlds were almost merged together and I wasn't sure which was really happening such as the scene when Gabriel is talking about his dream girl and then his friend who he likes in the real world. I think if you can do something to thoroughly distinguish between the two then that may be helpful to some readers.

I think you have some really good material and story here!

No comments:

Post a Comment