Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Response to "For Love of the Game" by Jessica

For Love of the Game is about a 16 year old girl, Lindsey, who doesn't actually know her father but does know he is pro-baseball player Joel Johnson. The story mainly deals with a day at a baseball game in which Lindsay almost comes face to face with her dad. Unfortunately, she doesn't meet him but she is left with some promise that a relationship is on the horizon thanks to a hand written note from her father.

I really liked this story! I am a baseball fan so I really enjoyed all the little details of the baseball game as well as detailing the game Lindsay was watching the very beginning of the story. I also enjoyed the overall storyline as well as the character of Lindsay. I would like to see some more background, maybe why Joel left and perhaps some flashbacks of Lindsay has a young girl or even her mom's relationship with Joel. It might also be interesting to see some point of view from the mom. Maybe her feelings toward Joel or what she thinks of Lindsay wanting to meet him. If you wanted to make the story longer, you could always include the meeting of father and daughter but I actually like the original ending.

Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment