In this story three childhood friends who are now in their thirties come together for a daily workout. However, things do not go as planned as one of the friends falls ill due to Anaphylaxis.
I liked this story! At first, I thought it was going to be a story about this secret park and maybe the city was going to try and shut it down or something then I thought it might be about the friend who is un-named pushing himself to get in shape but I liked the path it took. I thought you did a great job with imagery and detail especially describing the park as well as when they take a walk up to the new track, I really liked the image you painted for the reader during that scene. I also liked the way you described the characters, especially James, I can definitely picture this doctor who is now very successful working out with his slightly insecure best friend. I also liked the scene regarding the actual work-out, I really liked the part where the un-named character doesn't think he can finish then begins naming actors and cities, that is very realistic for first time runners. I really wanted to know more backstory of the characters and their friendship. I also was curious about what James was allergic to, I definitely think that needs to be addressed and maybe show what happens next. I also wonder if the cigarette and smoking will come into play later since it was mentioned pretty heavily in the beginning.
With a few minor changes I think you can make your good story great!
No comments:
Post a Comment